Sunday 14 October 2012

Adventures - Day 3!

Last day before we start work, ack!

Still not sure we've caught up with timezones - we were debating doing the 9:45am Victoria Harbour cruise (as part of our CityPass) but didn't quite get up in time, it'll have to wait till next weekend!

We got ourselves up eventually though and got the tram to the ferry terminal (19p) and then the ferry over to Tsim Sha Tsui (expensive, 29p) - not sure when the novelty of this cheap transport will wear off!

Random exciting looking display by the ferry terminal
Stephen needed to buy a new laptop bag after coming to the realisation that it is hot hot hot here (c. 30 degrees all day) and his current laptop backpack is probably not ideal for commuter etiquette and will equal sweaty back! Google told us there was a Crumpler shop in the Silvercord shopping centre so off we went.

Job done, cool bag purchased
As we were in the shopping bit (one of many!) I thought I'd go for a quick browse around Uniqlo. I didn't need anything but it is one of my favourite shops and since every other mall we've been in seems to have £££££ shops I thought I best check it out...

Super glad I did!! Not only is it the same awesome shop it is in London (and same nice prices) but they had the full Orla Kiely range, and in the sale!!! (This sold out in like a day in London so either they're not interested in it here or don't know about it!).

My haul
For £50 I got 2 hoodies and 3 long sleeved tops, ahhh love them!! (Did I mention it's 30 degrees and really not hoodie / long sleeve t shirt weather?! I think it maybe starts to cool down in a couple of months...). Still, I may just have to go back for more tomorrow!

Then it was time for a quick mdonalds stop... I have become addicted to 'shake shake' fries. You get chips, a pack of wasabi seasoning & herbs, and an extra chip bag - add chips and seasoning, shake about a lot and voila some amazing chips!!! We have just been googling where to go running / gyms / etc... apparently it's quite easy to become fat and lazy over here!

Bamboo scaffolding, still find this quite amazing!

Tram map - $2.30 (19p) to go anywhere on the line!

Now just chilling having been to the supermarket for boring stuff (milk / bread / cereal etc) before going back out in a bit for some dinner and drinks. Then perhaps an early (ish) night ready for work times tomorrow, fingers crossed it's all ok!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment