Monday 15 October 2012

First day in the new office

Well, I survived!

Got up nice and early as you do on your first day - tram nice and quiet and found my office just fine. Discovered supermarket under my office is actually enormous so plenty of exciting things to be bought from there! Then it was still too early to turn up at the office so went and sat in the park watching some tai chi while I ate an apple (at this point I was very tempted to go to the McCafe for shakeshake fries but that is a habit I really can't get into!).

Turned up at work and they were expecting me, which was a good start. There was a computer waiting for me (albeit a very doddery old one, did manage to swap it in the afternoon when I accepted it really didn't work!) and that was that really - seems like it'll be much the same as in Leeds, all good :)

Did nip downstairs (well, the lift and 34 floors down) to HSBC to open a bank account. Easy, you say? Worlds local bank they are not. Absolute chaos and no interest in the fact I had a UK account with them. All I wanted was a simple account so I could get paid but nooo trying to give me this, that and the other and then asking for various deposit amounts. Ended up paying $HK2000 into some random account that is apparently mine, fingers crossed....

Also booked an appointment at the 'Immigration Tower' tomorrow to sort myself out with a HK Identity Card - this means straight through passport control when travelling, as well as being general ID you have to have.

Then on the way home I got off the tram a few stops early and went to Uniqlo just because I could, managed not to buy anything though.  Just had some noodles for tea - from the supermarket, pot noodle equivalent really but oh so tasty (and better!!). Will leave you with a few pics from my walk home after the shops :)


Pretty Lights

Exhibition for some new Tim Burton / Disney film - Frankenweenie?!

And again

Cute sheep in a shop window

Bright Lights

This is inside the racecourse perimeter, there's plenty of football pitches and a running track I must try, the people looked so hot and sweaty though!! 1.3km a lap, I must be able to manage a couple at least!?

Ah, KFC delivery!!






No comments:

Post a Comment