Sunday 2 December 2012

Bits & Bobs

So, what have we been doing this week?


I started knitting a hat. I actually bought the wool and pattern when we were in America this summer and now I'm knitting it in HK where it's too hot to wear hats but I wanted to knit it and was feeling christmassy! I think it might get cold enough in the new year, we'll see.


Progress


And I cast it off yesterday morning, pretty pleased with it - think it just needs a big pom pom now (and all the ends sewing in....) :)


After I'd been knitting on Wednesday I went for a wander in search of some more food (cake and coffee just wasn't enough and I fancied a change from my usual post knit night subway!). I was trying to find a branch of my favourite wonton noodle soup place but I failed and settled on a vietnamese place. I probably wouldn't walk into a restaurant and eat by myself in the UK but here it's just what you do so I happily sat and read my kindle. The food was brilliant too - noodles with some of the tastiest grilled prawns I've ever had mmm. You can just about see my new favourite drink 'pineapple slush' in the background... soda water with pineapple and small pieces of pineapple jelly - it's so tasty and you even get a super sized straw to drink the jelly with.


On Friday night we went out for a couple of drinks and then returned to the infamous hotpot place. It was better as there were more people and I knew to make sure that we ordered noodles and beef to put in the soup and not just crazy things! Afterwards we went back to my after work local and ended up sat there drinking and chatting till 2am with the bar manager - fun but random. We were sat outside so I did a quick temperature comparison as you can see above! Looks like we're getting rain this week and Leeds some snow and sunshine?? 

Neither of us felt particularly great Saturday morning (due to aforementioned 2am drinking, getting old!)  so we put off going to the gym for yet another day. I am pleased to report that we both made it this morning though, but man it was hard work!! 


Stephen collected the flat keys on Friday morning so we spent a rock and roll Saturday night in Ikea choosing some bedding. Unfortunately we forgot to take the flat keys out with us so brought the bedding back here and carried it round to the flat this afternoon. All very exciting but can't really do much more now until the Ikea delivery arrives on Friday.


And woohoo,  Christmas is fast approaching!! I think I blagged the last Cadbury advent calendar in the whole of HK for Stephen (it's best if I don't mention how much it cost!!). I was feeling pretty pleased with myself because I normally forget to buy him one and he likes to remind me of this.


But then he presented me with an epic advent calendar which consists of 25 small parcels of goodies so I think I lose in the advent calendar stakes for another year! Never mind... so far I've had a packet of Cheese Tasters (M&S Wotsits, they're amazing, I think I'm addicted) and a gummy sweetie. Yum, can't wait to open the rest and can't wait till christmas!! I think a christmas tree will be one of the next things I buy for the flat, there's an excellent amount of christmas tat in the shops so definitely need to indulge soon.

We're just about to head out and get the Star Ferry as there's apparently a big exciting christmas installation on the other side of the harbour so looking forward to seeing that!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for pointing out how much warmer it is in HK than Leeds!! I'm very impressed by the woolly hat - that would take me a year to knit! Have a fab weekend playing with Ikea furniture and settling into your new craft pad ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete