Monday 10 December 2012

Home!

Yes, we've finally unpacked and have somewhere to call home after 2 months :)

Stephen had Friday off and everything went to plan - internet and tv were installed and the Ikea delivery turned up! He'd built a sofa, two bedside drawers and a bed by the time I got home (only one Tsing Tao at the after work local this week!).

On Saturday morning we moved our remaining belongings from the hotel, checked out and started building again! I managed a table, four chairs and a coffee table before I got bored my arms started hurting. Stephen built a sofa bed, chair, Billy bookcase and a table.... just a Malm to go! It's sat by the wall in a box, not sure either of us can face it...

I'll leave you with some pics and will try write a proper post tomorrow... need to go get started on my handmade item for knit club christmas party on Weds!

Empty 
One lot of Ikea stuff (the transport may be amazing but it's quite annoying not having a car to dump it all in. At least the many trips mean I can eat lots of tasty Swedish food!)
Ikea arrives (not entirely sure how it all fit in the lift!) 
Start building.. 
Important things first - bed! 
Looking a bit more bed-like 
Woohoo - cosy :) 
Sofa
The boxes left to build on Saturday morning 
I'll admit I only built the chairs because I wanted to put their pretty cushion pads on, was disappointed they were out of stock of matching tea towels. 
Christmas decs in the foyer :) 
Epic christmas tree at the shopping centre down the road (the largest shopping centre on HK Island!) 
Thought I'd let Stephen get a telly for all his hard work!! Also because we hadn't been able to test the connection yet due to not having one... meant I got to watch the Sydney Open all day... 
Quick break :)
The view!  
We have an outdoor pool! No water as it's closed for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment