Tuesday 18 December 2012

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum


...Wie grün sind deine Blätter!
Ta-dah!
Ok, so it's no Norwegian Spruce but I'm pretty chuffed we've now got a tree! One of my friends from knitting is heading back to Tasmania this week so was getting rid of all her stuff.... I went round to get a kettle and some plates but came back with a tree! (I did go back at the weekend for the kettle and plates so now we can make tea and have something to eat off, woohoo - don't think I have to go to Ikea again now!).

On Wednesday we had our knitting christmas get together - one lady hosted in her office and provided us with some very nice red wine and the rest of us brought some snacks, it was good fun!

I finally got round to crochet-ing that snowflake.
Not bad for 20 mins work?!
For my gift I bought a christmas cross stitch, the one on the right went to secret santa, I'm currently stitching the one on the left - chances of it being done in time for christmas are slim! 
All wrapped up!
So, the party... I got a taste for vino, pressies in the middle and knitting away! 
No knitting party is complete without some ball winding?! I got two balls of Noro for my secret santa so was pretty chuffed with that! Did trade one of them for the aforementioned kettle mind! 
A wool shop! One lady told me about this place which happens to be in the shopping centre down the road from us and I hadn't discovered it yet! Naturally I had to go hunt it down when I got back, despite it being 10:30pm...
And then when I finally got home it was bread and ribena for tea... rock and roll!
On Saturday we decided to have a flat warming / christmas gathering...

Tree again - we even have some pressies under it :) 
Festive table! 
Fridge full of supplies! 
We even put a video of a festive fire on youtube on the telly to pretend it's cold and christmassy....
Sunday was a very lazy day...
I went to the shopping centre for a mooch around and there was a string quartet playing some christmassy tunes which was most enjoyable so I stood and watched for a while 
Then came home and made a start on my hat!
Today I've been out for a Christmas lunch with colleagues (I'm not technically on their team but I seem to have made myself an honorary member) - we went to Pizza Express!! It was just like the UK (same price too, but no vouchers so it seems doubly ridiculous over here given how cheap you can eat out for) and I really enjoyed it as a change from noodles and rice!!

We've a few more Christmas lunches / parties coming up so the festive season is definitely in full swing and only a week to go! I really should go buy some presents......

1 comment:

  1. Loving the Christmassy posts! Good work on that snowflake - you'll have to teach me how to do that at some point ;P x

    ReplyDelete