Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas is coming!

Ahh Christmas two weeks today!! First year ever I/we won't be at home which is a bit sad but it was always going to happen sometime and I'm sure we will Skype in! Still very excited about Christmas - I love seeing all the cute displays everywhere, we've got a few cards and parcels to open (which would be under the tree if we had one!) but mainly just looking forward to a couple off days of work to chill out in our lovely new flat.

Here's a few pics of random christmassy things I've spotted around town:

Tree of teddy bears :)

Joined the 'coffee club' at work - Nespresso variations = Christmas! This year it's Coconut, Macadamia and Hazelnut, all of which are actually quite pleasant, unlike previous years'.

Eee massive reindeers in the IFC Mall. 
Enormous Christmas display at the entrance to Harbour City by the Star Ferry. 
Reindeer and rabits, standard. 
Rocking Horses??  
Lego Snowman
Lego Santas sat on a beam a la 'Lunch Atop a Skyscraper'
Lindt Bear Tram!!
Super selection of Lindt christmas confectionary in the supermarket
Christmas stage? Assume something happens here that I missed?! 
Red tree 
Pretty 
Definitely Christmas!! 
Looking a bit gormless in front of  a reindeer, but wearing my christmas jumper. 
Knitted christmas window display?
Yay for polar bear christmas jumper!! (Also for strawberry beer at the German bar down the road...)
And tonight, guess where I've been?!


You've guessed it - Ikea, again!! Tonight I bought cushions, bedside lamps, extension plugs, a bin and some glasses, finally we have something to drink out of! We've been sharing one mug or drinking lots of Pepsi max from cans so the ability to make squash is quite exciting.... next on the list - a kettle!

I've got my first Christmas party tomorrow with the knitting group (still not crochet-ed that snowflake to go with my secret santa gift!) which should be good fun. On the knitting note, look what arrived today...

Big squishy parcel! 
1kg of wool to get knitting..
The intention is to use the two big red comedy sized balls to make a nice winter jumper for me (for when it apparently gets cold in Jan / Feb yes..) - the pattern is Central Park Hoodie. The purple and cream (and needles) are to make a pretty fair isle hat called Snawheid hmmm maybe I'll get them done for Christmas 2013 at least?! Either way I'm seriously impressed with the company I ordered from - Deramores - ordered last Thursday, arrived today in Hong Kong (Tuesday), very reasonable prices, don't have to pay VAT and only £4.95 international delivery!

Stephen and I have invited a few people round on Saturday evening as a flat warming / christmas gathering so I really do need to make the place look a bit festive - will go have a hunt around the $12 (£1) shops and see what I can get. We do have two little decorations so far...

How cool are these?!
I've made the partridge and polar bear... the rest should follow soon
Right, really must go make that snowflake... back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment