Thursday 8 November 2012

Cool Bars & Cool Buildings

After work on Monday I met a friend from home who has been living in Hong Kong now for a couple of years. He suggested we meet in the Habitat Lounge opposite my work.... "the what lounge where?" I responded. Turns out there's this really quite cool bar on the 29th floor of the building opposite! Afraid I didn't get a photo as we turned up at 8:30 and they were closing for a private party at 9pm so only time for a quick drink as I was busy admiring the views and eating the tasty complimentary nibbles!

We then went for some food... thai... again! $160 (£13) total for two main meals, some veg and two beers, it was seriously good!

After tasty food we went for another quick drink at possibly the best bar I've been to in Hong Kong - nothing to do with the drinks, I only had a pineapple juice! This place was all about the view!!

Looking West on the Island

Looking North over the harbour.
This bar was on the 32nd floor I think so not amazingly high but it was just so cool because it's a rooftop bar and you're outside, rather than the previous place where despite the views you're still enclosed. Ahh love it, don't think there's many bars in the world with such an awesome view - can't wait to go back with Stephen!!

Last night after knitting I didn't get straight on the tram but thought I'd have a quick wander around Central, snapping a few nice buildings as I went.

Iconic Bank of China building on the left. Just liked the mix of old and new!
As much as I dislike HSBC at the minute I do very much like their HQ Building!
I was a bit hungry after this and the subway here shuts at 10 so I took a risk on supermarket noodles.... 
They look well dodge but for 50p are amazingly tasty!!
Tonight I was going to go for a run... but I couldn't be bothered so walked a long way home instead to pretend I'm doing some exercise. Called into Ikea and bought these little guys...


Didn't really haha but wish I had - too cutes! Then I must be getting brave because I went to Mak's Noodle by myself! We keep going past one of them on the tram and have heard good things but never seem to make it in. Not sure what came over me really, was going to get a takeaway but a man sat me down and poured me a nice cup of tea so thought I'd dine in.

Shrimp Wonton Noodle, $32 (£2.50).
Verdict = awesome! Made a slight error by putting a little too much spicy sauce in but overall I'm chuffed I've found another good place and perhaps moreso that I dared to go in by myself and am almost mastering the chopsticks!

Right now I'm writing a blog (obviously) and drinking cider when really I should be packing. Tomorrow (or maybe Saturday...) we're moving from Happy Valley out to North Point. This place was sorted by my work so it's near my office and Stephen has been commuting, whereas the new place is through his work and near his office so I'll be commuting! Can't wait to get our own pad though, living in a hotel is getting a bit boring - flat hunting starts on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment