Sunday 25 November 2012

Disneyland Hong Kong

Yesterday we went to Disneyland!! My lovely old colleagues from Leeds had bought us the tickets as a wedding gift - I'm not sure I'd have been able to hold out such restraint and waited until now to go if they hadn't booked us in on this date!

We had such a good time, it was all lovely and Christmassy and oh so quiet!! It's apparently one of the smaller Disneyland parks but as I've only been to Paris prior to this, I can't really comment. I'm not sure if it's out of season or because the weather wasn't great (no rain just a bit overcast) but we never queued for longer than 20 minutes for any of the rides and there were no queues for toilets or food or anything!

Ahhh I was so excited!! 
Woohoo! 
Cutes 
Enormous tree! Bit disappointed it wasn't particularly Disney-fied though!
Mickey shaped wreath 
Tiny, but cute castle. 
It's a small world 
Hong Kong and the Star Ferry in the Small World ride. 
This was amazing! 
Couple of cool rides in here! 
I met my hero!!! 
Somehow persuaded Stephen to have his picture taken with Pooh bear too!!!! 
All the bears I wasn't allowed to buy, apparently I have enough!?
Was allowed this little souvenir though! Comes full of sweets and I think it'll be perfect for all my little knitting / crafty bit and bobs.
Big Mickey wreath
The place even has its own MTR station. 
The platform
Mickey shaped windows! 
Hanging Mickeys to hold onto!
We went on all the rides (well the 'thrill' rides and ones that weren't ridiculously childish....), watched the shows and exhausted the shops, all by 4pm due to the quietness! The fireworks weren't till 9pm so we decided to give them a miss and headed back into town for cocktails, beer and pizza. It would have been nice to see them but I think we were Mickey-ed out by that point and I'm thinking we'll get to see much more amazing firework displays over Chinese New Year in February.

As tempting as it was to upgrade my day ticket to an annual pass for a small fee I managed to decline!

No comments:

Post a Comment