Sunday 20 January 2013

27!

I'm getting old! 27 - how did that happen?! Look what arrived in the post.....
Big squishy parcels.... and what might be in them?! 
Wool!
Ah wonderful Stylecraft, the best cheapo acrylic ever - so lovely and soft. This was a birthday present from my mum and dad with a crochet book thrown in which I wasn't expecting so a very nice surprise! (Not sure Stephen is much appreciating how much wool I am gathering... I have plans for it though, watch this space!).

Since it was my birthday I obviously had to have cakes... and what better than Sift cakes - so good!


This was taken in the shop, I only bought 7 for the guys I sit with in work (they're expensive!) and then another round last night for the friends we were out with.

I had a good day, but a fairly typical Wednesday - work and then knitting, with Stephen going to play football. We could have gone out for dinner but we do that most nights! I got lots of lovely presents and cards so thank you! (Except I know two cards are currently lost in the post - here's hoping they turn up).
British sweeties!! Ahhh these were a fab pressie, I don't think I realised how much I was missing sweets like this so will definitely be filling my suitcase up when we're back for Easter!
More :)
On Friday night we were both knacked after long weeks at work so just stayed in with a takeaway curry and film (Argo - strangely good). We made up for staying in Friday by going out last night and getting quite drunk!

Street music in Wanchai
One of those random nights but really good fun. We met some friends for some beers before heading to the Hong Kong Arts Centre (well, outside of it) by the Harbour for a street music festival. The bands were surprisingly good; crazy french rockers, chinese style country music and a decent jazz band to finish. It was a really good atmosphere just drinking beers (Smirnoff ice in my case...) and listening to good music by the side of a busy road / roundabout! We then rounded the night off with a curry - all good!

Today we went to a fancy pizza place we'd been eyeing up for a while but had been closed for refurbishment. The pizza didn't disappoint (really really good, possibly the best in Hong Kong) but the place is just too expensive for what it is and there was loads of annoying kids running round being annoying.... I'm sure we'll be back at some point though, I can't resist a good pizza!

It was good!!
Now, I'm home alone again for the week as Stephen has gone to India with work - not sure it's really somewhere on our holiday destination list so looking forward to hearing what he thinks of it, although he's not likely to see much apart from hotels and offices I don't think! I've got a creme egg and a trashy magazine to read so with a bit of knitting that's my evening sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment