Saturday 5 January 2013

Boxing Day

Hello and Happy New Year!

Just catching up with Christmas festivities, feels like a long time ago now!

On boxing day morning we both woke up feeling not so great, we originally put it down to too much food and drink the previous day but in retrospect I think it was the beginnings of the stupid cold I currently have and so far have not managed to kick (and yes maybe a slight hangover too I admit).

We thought we'd head to Mong Kok to see the Bird / Flower / Fish markets... as you do. We walked down Flower Market Road to get to the bird market and you've guessed it - lots and lots and lots of flower stalls!

Flower stall (in case you couldn't imagine what one looked like!)
Then it was on to the bird market... yes a market that sells birds and anything you could possibly want for your pet bird. We didn't like this place much and barely went inside. It was creepy, noisy, smelly and scary big parrot things everywhere! No pictures I'm afraid, I was too scared!

A quick wander down the road and we were at the fish market. Picture goldfish in bags at the fairground but loads of them and different types of fish. Again, we didn't like this place either - all a bit weird!

As we both had headaches we decided food was in order and went to a fancy supermarket in the IFC mall that does good quality western food but quite expensive so this was a boxing day treat. Stephen got himself a pig knuckle and roast potatoes and I had some pesto pasta and prawns, yum. We went up onto the terrace overlooking the harbour to eat them (this place is brill, it's a great location and they provide tables and chairs to sit out and take your own food!) - was a bit cold and windy but we enjoyed it nonetheless.

We then came back to the flat and I finished my snowflake hat. Stephen bought me some pom pom makers for christmas so I was quite excited to try them out.

Pom pom makers - fab devices! 
Ta-dah! (Stephen claims the pom pom is too big.... he knows nothing!)
I then went out to see Les Mis again in the evening with my knitting chums and Stephen went to see a boy film (couldn't be convinced to see the musical again haha), Jack Reacher I believe although he wasn't much impressed.

And that was Christmas over and back to work the following day!

No comments:

Post a Comment